OUR GREEN INITIATIVE
Green is our Most Important Color
Here at 1000Museums we pride ourselves in providing the highest quality fine art reproductions possible. A big part of that quality is getting the colors in our prints just right, from the whitest whites to the blackest blacks. But there is one color that is even more important than all the rest: Green.
Just as we are a quality leader, we are trying to be an environmental leader as well. We continue to review all our materials and processes with a goal of reducing their carbon and other environmental impacts. And we have an even bigger goal: helping the print industry as a whole to do better. We hope this page serves as a report card for how we, and our industry, are doing.
Challenges We Are Working On:
- Plexiglass waste at present cannot be recycled.
- We have been / are in conversation with an Oregon company who is the leader in plastics recycling and research. https://www.agilyx.
- We have also consulted with local recycling resources to problem solve.
- When China stopped accepting recycling from the US the local resources reduced their acceptance of refuse.
Our Environmental Promise
- We will print on 100% recycled or recyclable paper or canvas.
- We will print using 100% non-toxic ink that was never tested on animals.
- We will create artwork that has an expected life of over 200 years, reducing landfill waste.
- We will ship using recyclable and/or reusable materials.
- We will work with vendors who have their own environmentally conscious policy and practice.