Gallerie dell’Accademia di Venezia
The monumental complex of the Accademia Gallery now occupies the prestigious headquarters of the Scuola Grande di Santa Maria della Carita, one of the oldest lay confraternities of the city. Are an integral part also the homonymous church of Santa Maria and Monastery of the Lateran Canons, designed by Andrea Palladio.
The museum houses the largest collection of Venetian paintings from the fourteenth century Byzantine and Gothic to Renaissance artists, Bellini, Carpaccio, Giorgione, Veronese, Tintoretto and Tiziano until Giambattista Tiepolo and the painters of the eighteenth century, Canaletto, Guardi, Bellotto, Longhi. Artists who influenced the whole history of European painting.
Campo della Carità Dorsoduro n. 1050 – Venezia